Difficulty paying your bill

If you’re having difficulty paying your water bill, you can contact our Customer Care Team on 0333 000 2468.

We’ll talk you through the range of payment options available, as well as the special tariffs and support we can offer.

There are a range of support tariffs and payment schemes available. These include:

Social Tariff

If you’re eligible for our new Social Tariff, you’ll receive a reduction of up to 40 per cent on your current tariff. This applies whether you’re an unmetered, metered or assessed customer.

Find out more about our new Social Tariff


WaterSure caps your charges to our average bill. You could be considered for WaterSure if you are a metered customer in receipt of certain qualifying benefits, have either three or more children under the age of 19, or have someone in your home with a medical condition which means you use a lot of water.

Find out more about WaterSure

Priority Service Register

If you are elderly, deaf, blind, partially sighted or suffering from a long term sickness or illness, you can register for Priority Service Register to get help with reading and receiving bills, extra security against bogus callers and advice on adapting water fittings and appliances around the home to be more water efficient.

Find out more about Priority Service Register

Helping Hand Social Fund

We offer financial help if you’re in debt with your water charges. Helping Hand is funded by us to help people clear their debt and start again.

Find out more about Helping Hand

Single Room Tariff

If you are in a communal home and share a bathroom and/or kitchen you may be entitled to a single room tariff.

Flexible payment arrangements

There are a number of different ways you can pay your water bill and by contacting us we can organise a personal payment plan to suit you.

Water Direct

This is a Third Party Deduction scheme administered by the Department for Work and Pensions. If you claim certain benefits such as Income Support, Pension Credit, Income-based Jobseeker’s or Employment Support Allowance, we may be able to take deductions straight from your benefits.

Find out more about Water Direct

Where else can I get advice?

You can also get independent advice from:

Citizens Advice Bureau
Money Advice Service
Consumer Council for Water

side image

Priority Service Register: for customers with additional needs

Find out more