We offer financial support to help some of our customers pay their metered water bill.

You may qualify for the WaterSure scheme if your water is metered, if someone in your household receives certain state benefits, and if you:

  • have a large family of three children or more, or
  • have a medical condition that requires the use of extra water.

Are you eligible?

If your answer is YES to the first two questions, and one from question three, you may be eligible for help with your metered bill through the WaterSure Scheme.

1. Are your water bills based upon meter readings?

2. Is anyone in your household (including you) in receipt of the following benefits / tax credits?

  • Child Tax Credit (you must be in receipt of more than just the family element)
  • Housing Benefit
  • Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
  • Income Support
  • Means-tested Council Tax Benefit (not including reductions / discounts)
  • Pension Credit
  • Working Tax Credit

Now answer either question 3a or 3b:

3a. Are you applying because you have a large family and have three or more children, under the age of 19, who live at home permanently - for whom you are responsible and claim Child Benefit?

3b. Are you applying because one of the permanent residents of your household suffers from one of the following medical conditions which requires them to use a lot of extra water:

  • Abdominal stoma
  • Crohn's disease
  • Desquamation (flaky skin disease)
  • Eczema, psoriasis or varicose ulceration (weeping skin disease)
  • Incontinence
  • Ulcerative colitis
  • Any other condition that requires the use of lots of extra water

To apply for our WaterSure tariff, please complete the form below and return it to: South East Water, Rocfort Road, Snodland, Kent, ME6 5AH.

WaterSure application form

side image

Understanding your water bill

Find out more
side image

Service Plus: for customers with additional needs

Find out more