We can all benefit from a bit of extra help from time to time.
That's why we offer a range of special services – not only for those with mobility restrictions, but also for our customers who are deaf, blind, disabled or suffering from a long term illness.
To register for priority services, please click on the blue button below and submit our online form.
Or, if you'd rather speak to someone on the phone, please call our dedicated Customer Care Team on 0333 000 2468. All of our advisors are specially trained to offer confidential advice and support. Lines are open Monday to Friday between 8am - 7pm, and Saturdays between 8am and 1pm.
Priority Services Register: free services for you, a friend or a family member
By registering for our Priority Services Register, you can:
- Receive prior warning of planned work which may interrupt your water supply
- Receive priority treatment should your water supply be interrupted (we aim to arrange an alternative source as quickly as possible, and will often hand-deliver bottled drinking water to our customers with mobility issues)
- Receive important information in a more convenient format, such as large print or the spoken word, where our normal presentation style is not suitable
- Register your own spoken or written password for our staff to use so that customers can identify them if we need to call at your home
- Nominate somebody else to receive your water bill on your behalf, or someone we should contact if it remains unpaid (the person you nominate must agree to this)
- Receive easy-to-read, large print bills (we can also arrange to call you and read your bill to you)
- If English isn't your first language we may be able to help you with our interpretation service when you call
- Receive information about specialist organisations which are able to provide advice on possible adaptations to water fittings and appliances around the home
Braille name cards – giving you extra piece of mind
We can all feel a little on edge when letting people we don’t know into our home. Here at South East Water, we want everyone to feel safe. That’s why we’ve started to trial giving our staff members name cards complete with Braille.
The initiative is aimed at providing reassurance to our customers who are visually impaired, so they know our employees are who they say they are. It’s just one of the things we’re doing to make sure everyone is given a '5 out of 5' service.
Are you finding it difficult to use our website? We've added a clever tool to assist those with additional needs or customers whose first language isn't English.
Simple and intuitive to use, 'Recite Me' includes audio playback functionality, dyslexia software, an interactive dictionary and a translation tool with up to 90 languages. It even has the ability to change the entire colour scheme, font size and style – with a bottom-heavy font for anyone with dyslexia.
To find out more about Recite Me click here. To access it, all you need to do is click on the blue button to the right of this page that says ‘Speak or translate me'.
Action on Hearing Loss
The Citizens’ Advice Bureau
The address and telephone number of your local office can be found on the below website: