Launch Recite Me web accessibility software

If you're are struggling to pay, please don't worry. We're here to help you, now and always.

What support can I get?

  • Is your household income less than £16,480 (not including any disability benefits)?
  • Do you have three or more children under the age of 19 living at home?
  • Do you or someone in your household have a medical condition that means you need to use a lot more water?
  • Do you live alone or in a bedsit or sheltered accommodation?

If the answer is yes to any of these questions and you find yourself struggling to pay your water bill, have any money worries or receive benefits there are lots of ways we can help.

The best thing is to give us a call so we can find the right option for you.

A specially trained member of our Customer Care team is waiting to offer confidential advice and support so call today on 0800 952 4000 (Monday to Friday between 8am - 7pm)

You can also send us a private message on Facebook.


Social Tariff

To qualify for the Social Tariff you must have a household income of less than the HMRC’s low income threshold, which currently is £16,480 (excluding any disability payments that you receive). Please note that we do not include the £350 government payment to those households who will be housing Ukrainian citizens, within their income threshold calculation.


WaterSure caps your charges to our average bill. You could be considered for WaterSure if you are a metered customer in receipt of certain qualifying benefits, as well as having either

  • Three or more children under the age of 19


  • someone in your home with a medical condition which means you use a lot of water

To find out more about these support tariffs and if you are able to apply, please go here.

Helping Hand

Our Helping Hand scheme is funded by donations from us and offers financial assistance to clear water and sewerage debt owed.

We make grants through the scheme to our customers who demonstrate they are taking steps to achieve financial stability but need help clearing water and sewerage debt which has built up over the years.

You can apply for the Helping Hand Scheme by using My Account here.

Water Direct

This is a third party scheme administered by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). If you claim certain benefits such as Income Support, Pension Credit, Income-based Jobseeker’s or Employment Support Allowance, we may be able to take deductions straight from your benefits.

In summary, it may be possible for the DWP to pay us directly from your benefits if you are in receipt of one of the above.

The scheme is free and, if successful, you won't have to worry about any further debt recovery action. You'll pay your current year's charges plus a fixed amount to help clear your arrears.

If you're on assessed charges, there may also be a cheaper tariff for you:

Single Occupier Tariff

Are you the sole occupier of the property? If so, you may be eligible for our single occupier tariff.

Single Room Tariff

We offer a single room tariff which can help those customers who occupy a single room with communal hot water and laundry facilities, such as sheltered accommodation and bedsits.

If you're interested in going on either of the above tariffs, please get in touch.

Get in touch

If you'd rather speak to someone on the phone, please call our dedicated Customer Care team on the number below:

0800 952 4000

All of our advisors are specially trained to offer confidential advice and support. Lines are open Monday to Friday between 8am - 7pm.

Independent advice

There are a number of independent organisations which offer independent advice on a range of different subjects, from disability and ill health to wellbeing and financial worries. Click below to find out more on our dedicated webpage.