Taking care of our customers is what matters most to us.
That’s why we’ve teamed up with electricity and gas companies to make sure that you are aware that we all run a Priority Services Register. Sign up to the South East Water Priority Services Register below.
"We understand that our services are your lifelines, and when it comes to managing your electricity, gas and water, there are times when a little extra help can make all the difference to you." – Andrew Clowes, Head of Customer Insight and Strategy.
Priority Services Register: free services for you, a friend or a family member
By registering for our Priority Services Register, you can:
- Receive prior warning of planned work which may interrupt your water supply
- Receive priority treatment should your water supply be interrupted (we aim to arrange an alternative source as quickly as possible, and will often hand-deliver bottled drinking water to our customers with mobility issues)
- Receive alternative heating and cooking facilities to you door in a gas or electric emergency
- Receive important information in a more convenient format, such as large print or the spoken word, where our normal presentation style is not suitable
- Register your own spoken or written password for our staff to use so that customers can identify them if we need to call at your home
- Nominate somebody else to receive your water bill on your behalf, or someone we should contact if it remains unpaid (the person you nominate must agree to this)
- Receive easy-to-read, large print bills (we can also arrange to call you and read your bill to you)
- If English isn't your first language we may be able to help you with our interpretation service when you call
- Receive information about specialist organisations which are able to provide advice on possible adaptations to water fittings and appliances around the home
Are you finding it difficult to use our website? We've added a clever tool to assist those with additional needs or customers whose first language isn't English.
Simple and intuitive to use, 'Recite Me' includes audio playback functionality, dyslexia software, an interactive dictionary and a translation tool with up to 90 languages. It even has the ability to change the entire colour scheme, font size and style – with a bottom-heavy font for anyone with dyslexia.
To find out more about Recite Me click here. To access it, all you need to do is click on the blue button to the right of this page that says ‘Speak or translate me'.
Action on Hearing Loss
The Citizens’ Advice Bureau
The address and telephone number of your local office can be found on the below website: